Carbon Emission Pledge:
This organization is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of Alternative Dispute Resolution events in which we are involved, including avoiding unnecessary travel and using electronic technology wherever possible.
We invite the parties and our professional partners to give consideration to our Green Pledge below.
As ADR practitioners committed to ensuring that we minimize the environmental impact of our practice, we commit to:
- Creating a workspace with a reduced environmental footprint by looking for opportunities to reduce energy consumption and waste;
- Corresponding electronically, unless hard copy correspondence is expressly needed in the circumstances, while also being mindful that email has a carbon footprint;
- Encouraging the use of videoconferencing facilities as an alternative to travel;
- Avoiding printing, requesting the use of electronic rather than hard copies of documents, and promoting the use of electronic bundles at hearings;
- Using, where possible, suppliers and service providers who are committed to reducing their environmental footprint;
- Avoiding unnecessary travel and using videoconferencing facilities as an alternative;
- Considering and questioning the need to fly at all times and offsetting carbon emissions for any ADR-related travel.
Green Pledge for Mediators: https://womacc.org/
Green Pledge for Arbitrators: https://www.greenerarbitrations.com/greenpledge