Our Mediation Process: Pre-suit, pro se Divorce Mediation Team
The mediation model we use at Tampa Friendly Divorce was designed to make the transition of divorce both easier and less expensive. In this unique divorce mediation process, two mediators, Brenda Evans with a business and change management background and Chris Shulman with a legal background, guide you through the decision making process so you control your destiny. Please note, although he is an attorney, Chris cannot provide legal advice to either or both of you.
The purpose of the divorce mediation process is to help you find “PEACE”, to reach a “Marital Settlement Agreement” (MSA) addressing the issues that are common to many divorces:
- Parenting plan or how to co-parent the children of the marriage;
- Equitable division of your assets and debts;
- Alimony or spousal support of some kind (in many cases);
- Child support regarding children of the marriage; and
- Everything else you and your spouse might decide to include.
The process generally takes 4 – 6 weeks from first phone call to signed documents. It can take more time, depending on everyone’s availability and the degree of cooperation between you. Conversely, if you and your spouse work diligently and collaboratively toward a deal, the entire Tampa Friendly Divorce mediation process can take as little as 3 weeks.